Intelligent Video Solutions
Video IQ – Intelligent Video Solutions
VideoIQ transforms passive video surveillance systems into dynamic systems that can better identify unauthorized people on your property. The systems have been proven to be more effective in all weather conditions, even during periods of snow or fog!
Prior to Video IQ, most surveillance technologies took the following approach:
- Multiple cameras are directed in various areas/directions to watch key areas of the property.
- Video footage is fed into a control centre where operators monitor dozens of live feeds, or;
- Video is recorded on site so that footage can be reviewed after an incident occurs.
These systems rely on human operators who may be monitoring dozens of camera feeds and require huge amounts of bandwidth for live video surveillance.
Video IQ takes a more sophisticated, more efficient and more cost effective approach.
- Cameras are trained to identify human shapes, heat signatures and movements, as well as the identifying features and traits of vehicles (cars, boats, etc.)
- Cameras are trained to disregard movements that pose no threat (birds, dogs and cats) and focus in on specific patterns which signify a crime is in progress.
- When these patterns are recognized, they are flagged by the system and our trained 24/7 monitoring specialists can immediately hone in on the identified threat.
- Associated voicedown capabilities can be used to scare off intruders and security responders can be dispatched on site.
In addition to providing a more efficient form of threat identification, the system also adapts over time and can learn new patterns to disregard, as well as activities that pose legitimate risks.